The Ankylosing Spondylitis Online Boot Camp Program Course is a 6-week training program aimed at reducing stiffness, improving mobility and posture and maximizing function in the short and long term
AS is a type of inflammatory arthritis that affects the spine. It is an auto-immune disease but the exact cause is unknown, although there is a strong genetic component. About 3% of low back pain is caused by AS. It usually presents in early adulthood and is 10 times more common in males. It can progress slowly over time and result in spinal fusion (ankylosing), limited mobility, and a stooped posture.
What are the common symptoms of AS?
- Back stiffness that comes on gradually; most pronounced in the morning and after prolonged rest
- Weight loss (especially in the early stages) fatigue, tiredness, feeling feverish and night sweats
- Inflammation of the eyes (uveitis), bowel (colitis), and scaly skin lesions (psoriasis) can also be present.
What are the common treatments of AS?
- Surgery is rarely required for AS
- Spinal injections for AS are generally not recommended.
- Anti-inflammatory and biologic drugs are very effective, especially in the early stages of the condition
- The best approach for AS combines drug and non-drug treatments
- There is no cure for AS
Why learn the Online Boot Camp Program Course for AS?
- The 6-week Boot Camp Program is a comprehensive approach based on the best available research
- Provides individuals with the knowledge, skill, and self-confidence to manage AS for the rest of their lives
- Includes education and instruction on specific exercises, postural training and self-management strategies
- Implemented in a way to reduce fear and anxiety and build self-confidence
- Designed to reduce stiffness, maximize mobility and physical activity and reduce risk of progression of stooped posture for life
- Best results when the program is implemented by a trained practitioner, but important benefits can be achieved when performed on your own (self-directed)