The Knee Osteoarthritis Online Boot Camp Program Course is a 6-week online training program aimed at reducing pain and improving functional mobility and quality of life.
Knee Osteoarthritis is a degenerative process that affects the articular cartilage, bone, and surrounding tissues of the knee joint. Aging is the most common cause, but injury and obesity can increase risk. This can lead to permanent changes to the structure of the knee including loss of alignment and stability.
What are the symptoms of Knee Osteoarthritis?
- Pain, tightness, stiffness and swelling around the knee
- Interrupted sleep
- Worse with weight bearing which can lead to limited walking ability
- Limited mobility can lead to a more sedentary lifestyle, and progressive deterioration of the knee and general health, both physically and psychosocially
What are the current treatments for Knee Osteoarthritis?
- There is no cure for knee OA
- Knee replacement surgery is an effective treatment but is usually recommended after inadequate response to conservative treatment
- Analgesics, anti-inflammatory medications, and steroid injections can provide short-term benefits but should not be recommended as a stand-alone treatment
- Multimodal conservative care combining weight loss (if necessary), education, specific exercises, and manual therapy is recommended
Why learn the Online Boot Camp Course for Knee Osteoarthritis?
- Improves short and long-term outcomes using a comprehensive best-evidence approach
- Step-by-step and visit-by-visit instruction on how to implement the 6-week program
- Specific manual therapy techniques, exercises, and self-management strategies to reduce pain and maximize function
- A cognitive-behavioral approach to change behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs, and mitigate negative expectations