The Online Boot Camp Program Course for Persistent Low Back Pain is a 6-week online training program aimed to significantly improve short and long-term outcomes.
What is Persistent Low Back Pain?
PLBP refers to low back pain that persists for more than 3 months. It is the most common type of back pain and the leading cause of disability in the world. PLBP has the highest health care expenditure of any other condition.
The severity of back pain and risk of disability increases with age and is associated with higher rates of depression. This condition can lead to a decrease in physical activity and a significant decline in overall health.
What are the current treatments?
- There is no single treatment that is superior and works for everyone.
- Surgery is rarely an option for PLBP.
- Spinal injections rarely provide long-lasting benefits.
- Medications are not considered first-line treatment for PLBP.
- The best approach for PLBP is a multi-modal conservative approach that addresses underlying physical, functional, and psychosocial factors.
How can the Online Boot Camp Program Course help people with PLBP?
- The 6-week Boot Camp Program for persistent LBP is a comprehensive approach based on the best available research
- Combines manual therapy, tailored exercises and instruction on self-management strategies including ways to reduce fear and anxiety
- Includes postural training and core activation with activities of daily living
- Goal is to restore function, reduce disability and improve quality of life
- Program tools include the Spinemobility Bolster (for specific exercises and for pain relief) and a pedometer to track physical activity
- Best results when the program is implemented by a trained practitioner, but important benefits can be achieved when performed on your own (self-directed)